Nurse Resident Transition Program (NurTr)
The Fiona Stanley and Fremantle Hospitals Group (FSFHG) Nursing and Midwifery Transition Program (NurTr) aims to support graduates in their first year of practice to achieve their personal and professional goals as they make the transition from student to registered nurse or midwife.
NurTr provides a platform for developing safe, confident and accountable nursing and midwifery professionals.
The NurTr program is a 12-month structured professional development program provided within specialty streams.
The specialty streams for NurTr at Fiona Stanley Hospital include:
- perioperative and imaging
- mental health
- medical specials
- acute care medical and emergency
- acute care surgical and intensive care.
The specialty streams for NurTr at Fremantle Hospital include:
- medical specialties
- surgical specialties
- mental health specialties
- non-admitted patient services.
The program will provide first year graduates at FSH with support and education in the form of:
- comprehensive induction and orientation program at their site of employment
- five targeted graduate study days
- monthly network forum meetings
- peer support programs
- structured preceptorship program
- a performance development program
- clinical educators and staff development nurses
- a dedicated NurTr program coordinator.
On completion of the NurTr program, opportunities to develop skills in other specialties will be available.
Download the FSFHG NurTr program brochure (PDF 3MB).
How to apply
All applications for the FSFHG NurTr program are to be submitted via GradConnect (external site).
For more information please contact Aaron Webb, Nursing and Midwifery Educator – FSFHG NurTr program coordinator, on (08) 6152 3286 or email email@example.com