Our social work service aims to identify and address the psychosocial impacts of illness and hospitalisation for patients and their families by providing a range of services which increase quality of life and participation in care.
Social work services include:
- complex discharge planning, involving coordination of a range of services, management of complex family dynamics, management of carer stress and other issues that may impact on the patient’s safe discharge
- guidance and support for patients and families through the process of exploring and arranging residential care including practical arrangements associated with the transition to residential care
- professional assessment and intervention with complex social problems
- provision of information related to community support services, specialist agencies and support groups
- assistance with legal and financial matters including assistance with applications
- counselling patients and families regarding adjustment to new diagnosis and / or illness and disability and referral to specialist support services
- facilitation of discharge via service co-ordination, liaison, referral, resourcing and advocacy.
We provide social work services to the following groups of patients:
- inpatients who are likely to have improved outcomes or fast-tracked pathways as a direct result of social work services.
- outpatients who require social work services that are not available in the community or non-tertiary site in their local catchment area.
Social Work is part of our Allied Health Service.
Ground floor map of the main hospital
Call our Helpdesk on (8) 6152 2222 for all queries.
Our Allied Health outpatient clinics are located at the eastern end of the main hospital building. You can access them off the main concourse on the ground floor. View our hospital map to find your way.
Inpatient services are located throughout the hospital campus.
Regular hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Regular hours: 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Specialties requiring a 7 day service are resourced to provide this.
Extended working hours exist in the following areas
8am – 9pm
Intensive Care Unit
24 hours for physiotherapy
On-call service for Social Work
Acute Medical Unit
7am – 7pm
Visit Healthy WA