Endocrinology and Diabetes
Fiona Stanley Hospital Endocrinology and Diabetes Service provides a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to inpatient and outpatient care. The service has strong links with Fremantle Hospital functioning as a hub and spoke model of care.
- unplanned adult presentations with a range of specialty conditions e.g. diabetic ketoacidosis, hyperosmolar hyperglycaemia state, hypoglycaemia, diabetic foot complications, Addison’s disease and thyroid disorders
- rapid access and specialty adult outpatient clinics, providing care for all diabetes and endocrine related diseases
- multi-disciplinary diabetic foot service
- comprehensive diabetes education and allied health services
- intensive type 1 diabetes education courses
- insulin pump therapy
- antenatal diabetes and endocrine care
- new onset diabetes after organ transplant.