The Physiotherapy service at our hospital provides intervention to patients with the aim to restore function to the body or to minimise dysfunction or functional decline following an illness, disease or injury. A combination of education, manual therapy, movement re-education, physical intervention and electro-physical equipment is used.
We offer the following physiotherapy services at Fiona Stanley Hospital:
- assessment of patients, including their functional ability, impairment and medical history
- identification of areas for functional improvement and planning of rehabilitation goals
- treatment and evaluation of patient’s progress towards rehabilitation goals
- family education and training of families, carers and other staff in understanding the nature of the patient’s mobility and/or functional deficit(s) and their role in the optimal management of these disorders.
Physiotherapy services are provided for the following groups of patients:
- inpatients who are likely to have improved outcomes or fast-tracked pathways as a direct result of physiotherapy services
- outpatients who require physiotherapy services that are not available in the community or non-tertiary site in their local catchment area.
Physiotherapy is part of our Allied Health Service.
Ground floor map of the main hospital
Call our Helpdesk on (8) 6152 2222 for all queries.
Our Allied Health outpatient clinics are located at the eastern end of the main hospital building. You can access them off the main concourse on the ground floor. View our hospital map to find your way.
Inpatient services are located throughout the hospital campus.
Regular hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Regular hours: 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Specialties requiring a seven day service are resourced to provide this.
Extended working hours exist in the following areas
8am – 9pm
Intensive Care Unit
24 hours for physiotherapy
On-call service for Social Work
Acute Medical Unit
7am – 7pm
Visit Healthy WA