Our paediatric services are located on level 3 of the main hospital and provides:
- a medium high risk (level 4) service providing care for planned and unplanned presentations of children and adolescents up to 16 years of age
- care for medical, surgical and some specialist conditions
- a 20-bed ward including
- 2 respiratory isolation rooms with ensuites and associated anterooms
- 18 single bedrooms with ensuites
- 2 double bedrooms with ensuite
- a treatment room for minor medical and or surgical procedures
- a therapy room with gym facilities
- a parent lounge
- facilities for parents to stay overnight with their children
- indoor and outdoor play area
- Radio Lollipop and Clown Doctor services.
Restricted visiting takes place on the ward between 1pm -3pm each day, which is known as rest period. This however does not apply to patients and or carers of the child, who has visiting access 24 hours a day, seven days per week.