Our Occupational Therapy service provides a range of services focused on restoring function following an injury or illness, psychological or emotional difficulties, developmental delay or the effects of ageing to promote health and wellbeing, independence and productivity.
The service offers:
- assessment of patient’s function and ability to engage in their day to day activities
- treatment to meet improve a patient’s function and meet their rehabilitation goals
- treatment to provide a patient with the self management and occupational skills to engage in their day to day activities effectively
- education and training/retraining to reintegrate the patient functionally and effectively to their environment
- functional retraining, prescription of equipment and home visits to facilitate discharge.
We provide occupational therapy services for the following groups of patients:
- inpatients who are likely to have improved outcomes or fast-tracked pathways as a direct result of occupational therapy services
- outpatients who require occupational therapy services that are not available in the community or non-tertiary site in their local catchment area.
Occupational therapy is part of our Allied Health Service.
Ground floor map of the main hospital
Call our Helpdesk on (8) 6152 2222 for all queries.
Our Allied Health outpatient clinics are located at the eastern end of the main hospital building. You can access them off the main concourse on the ground floor. View our hospital map to find your way.
Inpatient services are located throughout the hospital campus.
Regular hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Regular hours: 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Specialties requiring a 7 day service are resourced to provide this.
Extended working hours exist in the following areas
8am – 9pm
Intensive Care Unit
24 hours for physiotherapy
On-call service for Social Work
Acute Medical Unit
7am – 7pm
Visit Healthy WA