Our neonatal service is located on level 3 of the main hospital and uses the most advanced equipment and technology to provide care to sick and preterm neonates that are greater than 32 weeks gestation.
This high risk (level 5) service includes 18 special care nursery cots including:
- 2 negative pressure rooms with associated anterooms
- 6 individual rooms that are fully monitored to cater for babies requiring respiratory support
- 10 open cot bays that can provide privacy as required
- a treatment room for minor medical and/or surgical procedures
- an expressing room capable of accommodating three mothers
- 1 interview room to conduct private discussions with staff and families
- a parent lounge
- 2 overnight parent accommodation rooms
- a centralised room for milk preparation.