Our intensive care unit (ICU) is located on level 1 of the main hospital building, next to the operating theatres and coronary care unit and directly above the emergency department. A priority recall lift also connects ICU to the helipad.
- 40 beds (four pods containing 10 beds each)
- 20 plumbed renal beds
- 100 per cent single patient rooms
- positive and negative pressure rooms
- encased blinds for greater infection control
- 'smart glass' walls that can turn clear or opaque at the touch of a button, allowing for patient privacy or closer monitoring
- an external window in every patient room
- two courtyards fitted with equipment to allow some patients to be taken outdoors for short periods
- direct access to and from computed tomography (CT) imaging services
- direct access to and from theatres.