The Exercise Physiology service at our hospital provides clinical and physical assessment including comprehensive exercise testing and supervised exercise for patients with cardiovascular disease and risk factors.
Our exercise physiologists provide the following:
- clinical assessment including clinical review, physical assessment and risk stratification
- exercise testing
- exercise prescription
- cardiovascular rehabilitation
- patient and carer education
- advice and consultancy to medical and other staff on exercise prescription.
We provide exercise physiology services for the following groups of patients:
- inpatients who are likely to have improved outcomes or fast-tracked pathways as a direct result of exercise physiology services
- outpatients who require exercise physiology services that are not available in the community or non-tertiary site in their local catchment area.
Exercise Physiology is part of our Allied Health Service.
Ground floor map of the main hospital
Call our Helpdesk on (8) 6152 2222 for all queries.
Our Allied Health outpatient clinics are located at the eastern end of the main hospital building. You can access them off the main concourse on the ground floor. View our hospital map to find your way.
Inpatient services are located throughout the hospital campus.
Regular hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Regular hours: 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Specialties requiring a 7 day service are resourced to provide this.
Extended working hours exist in the following areas
8am – 9pm
Intensive Care Unit
24 hours for physiotherapy
On-call service for Social Work
Acute Medical Unit
7am – 7pm
Visit Healthy WA