Our Dietetics service provides assessment and management of nutritional and dietary issues for patients at Fiona Stanley Hospital. It includes:
- assessment, counselling and education for patient (and families/carers if required) who require dietary modification and/or nutritional support as part of treatment
- managing patients with a variety of nutritional therapies which include tube feeding, prescription of modified and special diets for medical conditions and supplementation of diets with nutritional supplements
- advice and consultancy to medical and other staff on nutrition and diet therapy.
We provide dietetics services to the following groups of patients:
- inpatients who are likely to have improved outcomes or fast-tracked pathways as a direct result of dietetic services
- outpatients who require dietetic services that are not available in the community or non-tertiary site in their local catchment area.
Dietetics is part of our Allied Health Service.
Ground floor map of the main hospital
Call our Helpdesk on (8) 6152 2222 for all queries.
Our Allied Health outpatient clinics are located at the eastern end of the main hospital building. You can access them off the main concourse on the ground floor. View our hospital map to find your way.
Inpatient services are located throughout the hospital campus.
Regular hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Regular hours: 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Specialties requiring a 7 day service are resourced to provide this.
Extended working hours exist in the following areas
8am – 9pm
Intensive Care Unit
24 hours for physiotherapy
On-call service for Social Work
Acute Medical Unit
7am – 7pm
Visit Healthy WA