The State Burns Service provides comprehensive care for an anticipated 275 inpatients and 3500 outpatients from across Western Australia each year.
Through our programs and clinics, we provide the care and support to provide our patients with a seamless transition from our hospital to their homes, resulting in a shorter hospital stay and better patient outcomes.
Located on level 4, our service includes:
- a 10-bed specialist burns area in the main hospital
- research facilities and access to new treatment techniques such as early skin grafting, new wound treatment products and specialised therapy
- treatment clinics
- rehabilitation services
- improved infection control through single rooms with an en-suite and custom-designed air filtration system facilities for minor surgical and non-surgical procedures
- improved telehealth facilities for burns consultation and education to rural and remote areas
- increased surge capacity for use in disaster or overflow situations, such as the 2002 Bali bombings.