Our Audiology Service promotes healthy hearing and quality of life through the prevention, identification, assessment and rehabilitation of hearing, auditory function, balance and other related systems.
Part of our Allied Health Service, our audiologists provide:
- prevention of hearing and auditory dysfunction, and balance disorders through the fitting of hearing protective devices, delivery of education programs and research
- identification of impairments, and assessment and diagnosis of dysfunction in hearing, auditory function, balance and other related disorders
- audiologic rehabilitation through a comprehensive program of therapeutic services, devices, counselling and other management strategies
- functional diagnosis of vestibular disorders
- management of balance rehabilitation.
Audiology services at Fiona Stanley Hospital are provided to the following groups of patients:
- Inpatients who are likely to have improved outcomes or fast-tracked pathways as a direct result of audiology services.
- Outpatients who require audiology services that are not available in the community or non-tertiary site in their local catchment area.
Ground floor map of the main hospital
Call our Helpdesk on (8) 6152 2222 for all queries.
The general outpatient clinics are located on the ground floor of the main hospital building, off the main concourse. View our hospital map to find your way.
Inpatient services are located throughout the hospital campus.
Regular hours: 8am – 12pm and 1pm – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Regular hours: 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Specialties requiring a 7 day service are resourced to provide this.
Extended working hours exist in the following areas
8am – 9pm
Intensive Care Unit
24 hours for physiotherapy
On-call service for Social Work
Acute Medical Unit
7am – 7pm
Visit Healthy WA