Items to bring
Items you should bring with you include:
- toiletries (shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving needs, tissues and deodorant)
- glasses, hearing aids and dentures
- two to three days supply of comfortable and weather appropriate clothing that is suitable for exercising – for example, tracksuits and shorts (please mark clothes with your name)
- shoes, socks or other suitable footwear (not thongs or scuffs) – footwear need to be well fitted, comfortable and safe
- photos and personal items (these can be attached to the coloured magnetic boards located at your bedside).
Items not permitted
You are not permitted to bring:
- potted plants or flowers, as the soil poses a risk of infection
- large appliances and extension cords
- food – if you wish to bring in food it should be freshly cooked and ready to ea as there are no reheating facilities or refrigerated storage available.
Please note that all valuables should remain at home to ensure they are not lost.
Our State Rehabilitation Service patient information booklet contains information available on the Your hospital stay and Rehabilitation patients pages on our website. It is also available in each patient room.