Clinical staff will check on you regularly to ensure you receive the best care possible during your stay. The CARE checks aim to ensure:
- you are comfortable and not at risk of pressure injury
- your personal needs have been met, including your bathroom needs
- your pain level is assessed using a pain assessment tool and you are comfortable
- you can reach all that you require (call bell, water and Patient Entertainment System)
- you are aware of your plan for care and for your discharge.
If you are not in your room when a CARE check is conducted the staff will leave a note informing you of this, and when the next check will be conducted.
We will be monitoring the results to demonstrate the benefit of the CARE checks and these will be displayed on the ‘Quality Boards’ – notice boards dedicated to information about quality of care.